COVID 19 and Our Memorial Day Reading:
Because they are still there, we will be here to remember.
This year because of the COVID 19 pandemic we are making some technical changes to our Memorial Day reading set up so as to maintain social distance recommendations.
- two tents: one for the reader and one for the drummer
- use of a base drum with a foot pedal
- readers will be required to wear gloves
- microphone will be cleaned in between each reader
- there will be NO common shared food/snack/beverage table
- all volunteers and visitors are expected to observe the social distance guidelines of at least 6 feet of separation (unless members of same household)
- do to the difficulty of responsibly moving and setting up our wooden name boards, this year the names will be written on canvas for display. Please see pre-event note below for help with this project.
Pre-Event: Call for Volunteer artists/builders to help with the building of simple sign supports for the new canvas name walls. Completion required by Sunday May 24, 2020. Contact Tracy 541-310-0701
EVENT DAY: Monday May 25, 2020
Event Set Up: 6 – 8+ people in COVID friendly pairs/teams. Should be from same household or pairs comfortable wearing masks and gloves to work together for set up. 06:00 a.m. – 07:50 a.m. (Able to lift/move 5 – 15 lbs) Tasks: set up easy up tents, table, chairs, p.a. system, canvas name walls other signage WE ARE IN NEED OF EARLY RISERS TO HELP SET UP
Event Tear Down: 8 – 10 people. 23:30 (11:30 p.m.) until complete 1 1/4 – 1 1/2 hours. Take down tents, all signs and equipment and load into volunteer vehicles.
Readers/Drummers: 25 – 30 people. 08:30a.m. – 23:30 p.m. 30 min. time slots on the hour and half hour, 1 reader and 1 drummer needed for every 1/2 hour time slot. Volunteers requested to list a few possible time slots (in order of preference); scheduled time slot will be submitted for reader/drummer approval prior to event.
Click on the link below (we are remembering) to SEE available time slots, DO NOT put your name in the slot, INSTEAD PLEASE COMPLETE All SECTIONS of the Volunteer FORM below (this step is REQUIRED) and SUBMIT IT. IN THE COMMENTS please list preferred time slot PLUS an alternate time slot or two if possible, flexibility in availability to read/drum is appreciated. The information you provide will only be used to organize this year’s event.