COVID 19 and Our Memorial Day Reading:
Because they are still there, we will be here to remember.
One more time because of the COVID 19 pandemic we are making some technical changes to our Memorial Day reading set up so as to maintain social distance recommendations.
- use of a base drum with a foot pedal
- readers will be required to wear a mask
- microphone will be cleaned in between each reader
- there will be NO common shared food/snack/beverage table
- all volunteers and visitors are expected to observe the social distance guidelines of at least 6 feet of separation (unless members of same household)
EVENT DAY: Monday May 31, 2021
Event Set Up: 2-3 people in COVID friendly pairs/teams. Should be from same household or pairs comfortable wearing masks and gloves to work together for set up. 06:00 a.m. – 07:50 a.m. (Able to lift/move 5 – 15 lbs) Tasks: set up easy up tents, table, chairs, p.a. system. We can use a couple early risers to help set up.
Event Tear Down: 8 – 10 people. 23:30 (11:30 p.m.) until complete 1 – 1 1/4 hours. Take down tents, all signs and equipment and load into volunteer vehicles.
Readers/Drummers: 25 – 30 people. 08:30a.m. – 23:30 p.m. 30 min. time slots on the hour and half hour, 1 reader and 1 drummer needed for every 1/2 hour time slot.
TO VOLUNTEER: Two Steps
1) Click on the blue link below (we are remembering) to SEE available time slots, put your name in an open time slot, 2) THEN COMPLETE/SUBMIT All SECTIONS of the Volunteer FORM below (this step is REQUIRED) . IN THE COMMENTS section please note the time slot you selected to read/drum. The information you provide will only be used to organize this year’s event. Questions? contact Tracy 541-310-0701